[Clc-contrib] Want to a new contrib!

Oleksiy V. Khilkevich centericq at ukr.net
Sat Dec 17 14:26:01 UTC 2005

Johannes Winkelmann wrote:

>> I reviewed my ports carefully and marked with an empty .sync those I
>> want
>> to be a part of new contrib.
> Thanks for your interest. I'll add your repo later today.
>
> I had a quick look over your ports and have two remarks:
> 1. your nss_ldap port depends on linux-pam, which I don't quite
>    understand. I'm using nss_ldap at work just to _avoid_ using PAM :-)

You're right. Two from three dependencies where needless.

> 2. the footprints of your perl ports contain 5.8.6 while we have 5.8.7
>    in core (i.e. users with the new perl will get a missmatch)

Well, all that perl stuff was made by me, when I tried to install Xen
virtualizer. I don't use them any more. I didn't marked them for
publication and probably will drop some in a near future.

Here's a complete list of my ports marked:

dcd
dictd
dict-gazetteer
dict-jargon
dict-mueller
dict-web1913
dict-wn
djvulibre
hibernate
krb5
netkit-ntalk
poptop
ytalk

They work pretty good :)
Some other need to be tested extensively in order to be .sync'ed as I'm
not sure of how they work deeply (like nss_ldap :) ) or need a serious
update (like lazarus).

> Other that that, you have an interesting set of ports. Welcome to
> "contrib".
Thanks!

--
Oleksiy V. Khilkevich      [GRIM-UANIC]  [GRIM-RIPE]

Please avoid sending me Word, Excel or PowerPoint attachments.
Use plain text, HTML or PDF instead.