[Clc-contrib] Re: Sync failed for han:

Han Boetes han at mijncomputer.nl
Tue Dec 20 12:30:41 UTC 2005

Johannes Winkelmann wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 00:15:16 +0100, Han Boetes wrote:
> > [Trying harder to sync]
> Why not. I added a test to check whether DNS is working, and
> avoid running any httpup's if there seems to be a DNS
> problem. This should fix those warnings.

Well there can be all kinds of network problems so I would like
to suggest that you let the script retry a few times and only
after a few timeouts send a private warning.

Most of the remote network problems are solved automatically.

If all repo's fail it's safe to assume the problem is local.

> I might have done that yesterday already if you'd worded your
> request a bit friendlier.

Sorry, I was thinking I was addressing a silly bot ;-)

# Han
--
             .-.     The Avis WIZARD decides if you get to drive a car.
            /  aa      Your head won't touch the pillow of a Sheraton