[Clc-contrib] [clc-contrib at lists.berlios.de: Sync failed for jolupa:]

Johannes Winkelmann jw at tks6.net
Sun Oct 9 10:07:02 UTC 2005

Hi Jose,

On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 11:22:39 +0200, Johannes Winkelmann wrote:
> Hey Jose,
>
> The administration address for clc-contrib gets rather frequent errors
> about failed syncs for your repo (you should get them too).
Now, I found out that from an error on my part, you were not notfied
about those issues, so you didn't get those, and therefore didn't know
about those problems. It's fixed now, so you'll get the warnings as
well.

> About every third sync failed in the last three days. Is this a
> temporary problem?
It failed now continuously for 22 hourly syncs. DNS seems to be
definitely broken:
 http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/lookup.ch?name=www.jolupatech.info&type=A

says:
  Answer:
  No answer given.

And on
  http://examples.softwaremodules.com/IntraDns.asp?domainname=www.jolupatech.info&Submit=Submit&t_a=1&t_mx=1&t_ns=1

Three out of four answers are
  "DNS entry not found"

The same result on my machine, and on clc.morpheus.net obviously.

Could you already talk to your ISP regarding this issue? I'm sure you
understand that if the repo doesn't sync, that won't allow us to get any
updates from you, and that the users therefore don't get any new/updated
ports.

Thanks, Johannes
Johannes Winkelmann              mailto:jw at tks6.net