[Clc-contrib] I returned.

Johannes Winkelmann jw at tks6.net
Wed Oct 12 17:37:26 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 19:12:24 +0200, Jose Luis Pavón Pavón wrote:
[...]
> In other things, and after installing Evolution, with a lot of
> dependencies, that looking in the Evolution website, I think are
> worthless.
That's a rather bold statement, considering that there's an existing
port for evolution 2.4, and that the dependencies as we have them now
work fine for even large projects like gnome, KDE and others.

> I reached the need to make the dependencie field in the
> Pkgfile to be more accurate, and try to make the Pkgfile the most
> universal we can.
Sounds like what you want is gentoo's portage:
  http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/handbook/handbook.xml?part=2&chap=1
Versioned deps, optional deps, and a lot more; the probably most
universal build files.

Regards, Johannes
Johannes Winkelmann              mailto:jw at tks6.net