[Clc-contrib] New contributor

Johannes Winkelmann jw at tks6.net
Thu Apr 6 07:08:13 UTC 2006

Hey Mark,

On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 18:12:12 +0200, Mark Rosenstand wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been bugging CRUX maintainers with suggestions and patches for a
> while now, so I figured it's time to start letting them get on my
> nerves, too :-)

I support your application to become a maintainer for contrib. I got the
impression that you're skilled and committed to work for the CRUX
community, even though you're rather "new" by our standards.

Here are a couple of notes:

Missing dep for /tmp/mark/shmux: pcre
Missing dep for /tmp/mark/zsh: pcre

^ it's called libpcre

/tmp/mark/rpm: -rw-r--r--      root/root
    usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/linux/perllocal.pod

^ perllocal.pod should be removed

/tmp/mark/tsh: Pkgfile contains no url field

^ minor

Also, you might have read in the handbook that the kernel is not
installed from ports, so I'd suggest to remove the 'linux' kernel port
from the repository, considering that contrib maintainers act as a role
model for other packagers and users.
It's not a requirement for contrib, however diverging from common
concepts of CRUX just costs you some credit amongst the developers (at
least me). :-)

> I only plan to add a couple of ports to start with, but don't expect the
> number to increase dramatically:
[...]
> - hotplug-ng
Not relevant to all this, but since you're maintaining a non-standard
hotplug, have you looked at http://www.t2-project.org/hotplug++/ before?

Either way, if there are no objections during the next few days, I'll
add your repository.

Welcome :-)
Johannes
Johannes Winkelmann              mailto:jw at tks6.net