[Clc-contrib] request for contrib inclusion

Johannes Winkelmann jw at tks6.net
Sat Apr 22 15:34:42 UTC 2006

Hi Mike,

On Sat, Apr 22, 2006 at 17:14:50 +0300, Mikhail Kolesnik wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I guess, am not the only CRUX user, who just use official core+opt,
> contrib, [gnome|kde] and his own ports. However not all common apps are
> there.
Well, the "common apps" are largely defined by those which are
maintained in those collections :-).

> The primary source is: http://www.openbunker.org/crux/ports/mike/
> (http://crux.nu/portdb/index.php?command=viewrepo&name=mike)
> But note, there are ports which will never go in contrib because they
> are private and... well, some of them are really ugly. I've removed
> some duplicates as well.
The ports look good to me, the one thing which made me wonder are the
  "install -D -o 0 -g 0"

commands. Is there a particular reason you specify those? Both when
building as root or with fakeroot, this should automatically be the
case.

Also, there are a couple of other things:

Missing dep for /tmp/mike/devilspie: libwnck
Missing dep for /tmp/mike/ppp: libcap
Missing dep for /tmp/mike/slmodem: alsa-libs
/tmp/mike/aalib: hardcoded sf mirror switch.dl.sourceforge.net
/tmp/mike/fsam7440-console: hardcoded sf mirror switch.dl.sourceforge.net
/tmp/mike/libnids: hardcoded sf mirror switch.dl.sourceforge.net
/tmp/mike/lirc-xmms-plugin: hardcoded sf mirror switch.dl.sourceforge.net
/tmp/mike/mplayer: hardcoded sf mirror switch.dl.sourceforge.net
/tmp/mike/obpager: hardcoded sf mirror switch.dl.sourceforge.net
/tmp/mike/ucon64: hardcoded sf mirror switch.dl.sourceforge.net
/tmp/mike/wmtop: hardcoded sf mirror switch.dl.sourceforge.net
/tmp/mike/xosview: hardcoded sf mirror switch.dl.sourceforge.net

Those issues aside, your ports look good, and I support your application
for contrib. Since I only had a quick glance, I'd appreciate if someone
else could check his ports too and comment.

Mike, thanks for your submission!
Best regards, Johannes
Johannes Winkelmann              mailto:jw at smts.ch
Zurich, Switzerland              http://jw.smts.ch