[Clc-contrib] Re: Sync failed for ukraine:

Johannes Winkelmann jw at tks6.net
Thu Jan 5 19:45:14 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 20:10:56 +0200, Oleksiy V. Khilkevich wrote:

> Originally  wrote:
>
> >Connecting to http://www.grimmy.kiev.ua/crux/repo/
> >  Failed to download REPO: Operation timed out with 5509 out of 14122
> >bytes received
> >Failed to get remote repo file
> >
> >Please rectify the problem.
> >

> Well, seems that you synchronize the repositories with httpup support...
> I received the similar problem with fetching a large patches and large
> footprints from some repos, like mine :)
I never saw that one before.

> While fetching a file with wget is ok, httpup driver claims an error :\
The timeout setting seems to be too agressive; however it's 30 seconds,
so it looks like httpup failed to download 14122 bytes in 30 seconds,
which is a bit less than 4 kbit/s; where is your repository hosted?

> Maybe this is problem of my ISP, but since this also happens sometime with
> Han's ISP which is known for its strong irons :), I think that the problem
> is deeper than that. Ideas?
Yep. DNS outage on crux.nu, download problem from your server, climate
change, all related.

Johannes
Johannes Winkelmann              mailto:jw at tks6.net