[crux-contrib] using git with personal and contrib repositories

Mikhail Kolesnik mike at openbunker.org
Sat Nov 18 14:38:34 UTC 2006

I suspect, it's a common scenario: you have personal ports foo, bar.
foo is synced to contrib and symlinked from git (contrib) top level
directory. bar is just for personal use/httpup repo.

/usr/ports/my_ports :
foo -> /home/me/sources/crux/contrib/foo
bar

What if You'll want to track all personal ports (including the ones
synced to contrib) with standalone git? Simply using
/usr/ports/my_ports for local git tracking seems impossible: all
symlinks are handled by git as symlinks, not as real directories.

It's natural, I want to keep all my ports in one directory. Also, it
would be great to avoid a duplicate commits (with the help of some
wrapper, maybe) for each collection.

Are there any simple solutions already in use?

--
Mikhail Kolesnik
ICQ: 260259143
Jabber: mike_k at jabber.lafox.net