[crux-contrib] /usr/share/mime

Mikhail Kolesnik mike at openbunker.org
Sun Jun 8 16:51:15 UTC 2008

Hello, Bartek.

On Sat, 07 Jun 2008 12:58:32 +0200
Bartek Palmowski <wszystkie.fajne.loginy.zajete at gmail.com> wrote:

>     I asked few times on irc but couldn't get straight answer, so the
> question is:
> Is there a point to install anything to /usr/share/mime if
> shared-mime-info is not present on the system? Let say package A install
> files to /usr/share/mime but do not depend on shared-mime-info therefore
> creates unneeded directory if shared-mime-info is not present. For
> examples look at medit and codeblocks ports. I attached possible solution.

As it is now possible to list unwanted files in /etc/pkgmk.conf (see
pkgadd(8)) installing mime stuff or info pages by default is not that
bad idea. I am not sure if this was discussed before and I'd like to
know if we _should_ install them? Any comments from the system team?

IMHO, checking if something is installed inside Pkgfile does not
look like a 'best practice' we should provide.

--
Mikhail Kolesnik
ICQ: 260259143