[crux-contrib] Contrib maintainer application

Bartlomiej Palmowski wszystkie.fajne.loginy.zajete at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 21:07:19 UTC 2009

sirmacik wrote:
> Hi all!
> I would like to apply for a contrib maintainer.
> I want to contribute with some of my owm ports, You could find it
> here: http://crux.nu/portdb/?a=repo&q=karpunix and view .footprint and
> .md5sum files on my github: http://github.com/sirmacik/crux-ports/tree/master
> I've fall in love with CRUX ;]

Hi,

I reviewed your ports and did not notice any major flaws, so here comes
*+1* from me.

However i need to notice one thing, you need to use subshells and &&, ||
operators w/ care. Subshells doesn't inherit the "fail on error" from
parent shell so if (audacity port) cd lib-src/portsmf; aclocal;
automake; autoconf) fails (any command within subshell) then build will
proceed and most likely fail.

cheers
Bartek