[crux-contrib] Contrib maintainer application

Victor Martinez pitillo at ono.com
Wed Jan 21 14:08:50 UTC 2009

On Wed, 7 Jan 2009 22:10:44 +0000
sirmacik <sirmacik at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all!
Hello Marcin,

> I would like to apply for a contrib maintainer.
> I want to contribute with some of my owm ports, You could find it
> here: http://crux.nu/portdb/?a=repo&q=karpunix and view .footprint and
> .md5sum files on my github: http://github.com/sirmacik/crux-ports/tree/master
> I've fall in love with CRUX ;]
> --
I am checking Pkgfiles and footprint files. All seem fine. I can see
what Mike told you about man files in cdrtools port.

I haven't tested your ports, I have built them in a safe-enviroment to
review dependencies, this is my little report about.
- conky-cli: Needs libxml2 in its dependencies.
- parted: you can remove $PKG/usr/share directory.
- gparted: Needs p5-xml-parser in its dependencies.
- libcegui: Missing files found, I think you are building it with more
ports installed (mesa3d and lua seem to be missing checking
your .footprint). Check if they are really dependencies or try to
adjust your .footprint.
- mcabber: Needs glib in its dependencies.
- ncmpcpp: curl and ncurses are from core, they don't need to be listed
in Depends line.
- picasa: Are locales needed?
- smc: missing files... related to locales.
- transmission-cli: curl is in core, it needs intltool to build.
- wine: is in opt.
- winetricks: I haven't tested it.

I hope this report can be usefull for you. I'm sorry if I missed
something.
If you can, try to let us know which ports will be in contrib to make a
deep check over them. Thank you for your work.

> Regards, sirmacik (http://sirmacik.lin4all.org)
Regards, Victor.

--
Learning bit by bit. -pitillo-