[crux-contrib] becoming contrib-uter

Tim tbier at posteo.de
Tue Mar 16 23:08:01 UTC 2021

Hi Erich,

first off: I am in favor of more willing and capable hands for contrib
so thanks for your application, you have my vote.

Things I noticed over a short look over your proposed ports:

 - avr-binutils [1]. It links bugurl to archlinux. It would be nice not
   to do that in contrib ;-)
 - bareos-filedaemon: mainly two things.
    - source for the ball should be changed to the following:
      https://github.com/$_name/$_name/archive/Release/$version/$_name-$version.tar.gz
      even if unlikely with some schemes, but in case the user uses a
      specified directory to download distfiles this might prevent
      troubles with files that have the same name
    - surely cmake syntax is up to personal preference, but recently
      most ports at least changed towards using the following options:
      -D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release \
      -D CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_RELEASE="$CXXFLAGS" \
      -D CMAKE_C_FLAGS_RELEASE="$CFLAGS"
      This allows the package to be built with the flags defined in
      /etc/pkgmk.conf. Not sure if this is a convention or not, but
      might be worth noting. There is roughly the same thing for meson
      projects too.
    - it's set to a "rather old" release, is there a specific reason for
      that?
    - can't currently say anything else, but the footprint looks like
      it does the job

Others look okay to me.

Off topic: wow, lazarus :) that's been some time ago for me. pretty
cool to see it's still supported!

Best regards,
Tim

[1] https://crux.eckner.net/avr-binutils/Pkgfile