[clc-devel] Application: CLC mantainer

Simone Rota simonerota at operamail.com
Fri Aug 15 17:20:29 UTC 2003

Hi CLC mantainers,

I'd like to give some help with the CLC repository,

in the past I have submitted/updated only a couple of
ports (currently available in the 'unmantained' collection):

- bogofilter
- xfe

If someone else find these programs useful, I could submit (commit?)
them to CLC (otherwise they'll be still available in my personal
repository):

- backup2l
- txt2man

both available at varlock.com, ie : http://www.varlock.com/ports/backup2l/Pkgfile
(no dir navigation, sorry)

These are ports that I use on a daily basis, if the current
mantainer is a bit overloaded I'd be glad to mantain some
of them:

acroread
aterm
bogofilter
cups
dillo
eject
elinks
fox
gftp
ghostscript
gimp
gimp-fonts
gimp-print
gnupg
gpgme
gqview
gv
hpijs
libsdl
libsdl-image
libsdl-mixer
libsdl-net
lyx
nano
nedit
realvnc
samba
sitecopy
sylpheed-claws

Additionally, if in the future we'll have a KDE desktop subproject,
I offer to mantain some kde programs that I sometime use on
other machines:
- gwenview
- kopete
- k3b
- or helping with the kde ports.

Considering my current and future amount of spare time to dedicate to
CLC, I think I could provide maintainance for 10 to 20 ports with
*at least* weekly updates.

You see I don't hang very often on #crux, I prefer to get in
contact through the mailing list(s).
(Maybe this attitute could change when my @#@#ò! adsl
connection will be activated...I've been waiting for a month or so).

My personal site is at http://www.varlock.com

best regards,

Simone Rota