[clc-devel] Maintainer application

Daniel W. danielw at kooee.com.au
Sat Aug 16 04:11:54 UTC 2003

Hi there,

I've been waiting for the chance to become a CLC maintainer for a while now and have several ports I would like to contribute. Having read both the CLC and CRUX guidelines for port creation, I would now like a chance to prove myself as a maintainer. Most of my ports are game-related as I really like CRUX for playing games amongst other things. My aim is to only submit ports of programs that are mature and relatively stable.

A little about myself in real life...
I'm a student in Australia currently doing my Diploma of Network Engineering and got into linux a little less than a year ago. Whilst I don't have a great deal of experience behind me, I know how to perform most things under linux and have a good understanding of concepts behind CRUX. The only other distributions I have tried are Slackware and Red Hat (for about a day). So far I've been using CRUX since version 1.0
I don't have a website but I do hang out in #crux (nickname: daniel`) and am on the mailing list too. Some hobbies of mine include bikeriding, surfing and linux.

The following ports are ones that I have submitted, however at the moment many of these are out of date and need to be replaced with the ones I currently have sitting on my harddrive.

* unmaintained/foobillard
* unmaintained/chkrootkit
* unmaintained/bzflag/
* unmaintained/zsnes
* unmaintained/qstat
* unmaintained/mountapp
* unmaintained/wmnd

Below are some ports that I would like to add in the future.

* hping 	http://www.hping.org/
* xqf 		http://www.linuxgames.com/xqf/
* scummvm 	http://www.scummvm.org/
* exult 	http://exult.sourceforge.net/
* gift		http://gift.sourceforge.net/
* giftcurs 	http://giftcurs.sourceforge.net/
* lua		http://www.lua.org/

I would also like to remove the lopster port if nobody else wants it, since I no longer wish to maintain it.

* unmaintained/lopster

Aside from this, I would also like to assist with updating the following submitted ports that are now out of date.

* unmaintained/wine
* unmaintained/lsof
* unmaintained/xmame
* unmaintained/lbreakout2