[clc-devel] Applications

juergen.daubert at t-online.de juergen.daubert at t-online.de
Sat Aug 30 14:09:30 UTC 2003

On Sat, Aug 30, 2003 at 02:05:42PM +0200, Johannes Winkelmann wrote:
> Hi there,

Hi all,

> I had some problems with my e-mail domain, so I might have missed some
> mails... anyway, I had a look at Tilman Sauerbeck's applications and I
> vote to add him to the project.
>
> I can't access the ports of Giuseppe Coviello (as they were attachments
> to a mail I didn't get...) so I hope that someone else will have a look
> at his application and comment (all maintainers are invited to do so
> :-)).

I've looked at Giuseppe's ports, some comments:

- scribus: works fine for me with freetype2, I'd suggest to change
  the 'depends on' line from freetype1 to freetype2. Configure option
  --disable-nls not needed/supported by scribus.

- xfce4-plugins: same as above for --disable-nls. I'd suggest to add
  a --enable-static=no option instead, because this is the way I've
  built the xfce4 port and we don't need the *.a libraries.

Don't get me wrong here, this is not a vote against Guiseppe, only
a review of the ports he send to the ML.

regards
Jürgen

juergen.daubert at t-online.de