[clc-devel] Authentication Problems

Martin Opel martin.opel at informatik.fh-regensburg.de
Wed Apr 28 09:36:56 UTC 2004

Hi CLC maintainers,

i updated openssh to 3.8.1p1 in the morning and discovered together with
jue, that it doesn't allow locked accounts to login via public key
authentication.

That worked until 3.8p1 and I used this mechanism to let the users use cvs
although the accounts were locked. So we went back to 3.8p1.

After changing the passwords in /etc/passwd to a secure value for all
maintainers and unlocking the accounts it should work even with 3.8.1p1.

Please mail me immediatly, if you have problems with cvs on CLC.

Bye
Martin

--
Martin Opel / Fachbereich Informatik, Fachhochschule Regensburg, Germany
Dipl.-Inf. / Web: http://fbim.fh-regensburg.de/~opel/