[clc-devel] Applying to be a package maintainer

Anthony de Almeida Lopes guerrilla_thought at gmx.de
Mon Aug 30 17:53:36 UTC 2004

Yes, I meat that it just doesn't say where to apply to. I ended up sending
an e-mail to Per Liden and this mailing list. That's all.

About the bug reporting system... The reason I asked about an account is
because bugzilla usually requires one and it sends you updates when people
reassign, close as duplicate, close as fixed, etc. a bug. Also sometimes I
find out more information, or a solution of my own. Anyway, it's not
necessary, but you'd definitely get more information out of people if you
could ask them for clarification or something.

Oh and I forgot to say (in my application I sumbitted a few minutes ago)
that I did read the MaintainerGuidlines and agree to them. I wanted to
make a note too, that I will do my best to mantain my ports. For the gcc-
ssp I will have to follow what gcc CRUX has in ports as well as what patch
Etoh has out and for gaim I'd have to follow both Gaim and the
corresponding gaim-encrption plugin.

Okay, class in 10 minutes. Have a good one.
* tony

> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Aug 29, 2004 at 15:51:16 -0700, Anthony de Almeida Lopes wrote:
> > I'd like to know how to apply to be a package maintainer. The
> > MaintainerGuidlines document on the wiki is pretty vague on that.
> Please let us know what parts are vague; we've tried to make it clear,
> but we tend to forget things we think are obvious, so we're happy to fix
> those things.
>
> The process to apply is about the following:
>
> 1. package software, create ports, publish them, maintain them
> 2. Read http://clc.morpheus.net:6999/clc/wiki?p=MaintainerGuidelines and
>    see whether you agree to the rules and requirements metioned there;
>    also read the CLC package guidelines, available through the
>    "Documents" section of the CLC webpage, and validate your ports
>    against them.
> 3. Send an application to clc-devel at lists.berlios.de, containing "links
>    to packages the applicant did, and a list of packages she/he'd like
>    maintain. It's best to send an URL to some ports the applicant made".
>
> We also like to know who we're dealing with, so some notes about you are
> definitely appreciated. There are some examples in the mailing list
> archive at
>   https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/clc-devel/
>
> After that, some maintainers will look into the ports and advocate for
> the applicant if they think he/she is a good match, or give some tips
> how to improve them to fit
>

> > I'd also like to know how I register an account for the bug reporting
> > system, or whether all bugs are supposed to be anonymous.
> For now, we've never had someone asking for an account, but if you plan
> to do a lot of bug reporting, this could be arranged. Anonymous
> reporting is fine though.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Regards, Johannes
> --
> Johannes Winkelmann              mailto:jw at tks6.net
> Bern, Switzerland                http://jw.tks6.net

*    *    *
Anthony de Almeida Lopes
guerrilla_thought at gmx.de
AIM: whatsheon
*    *    *

"And someone else might feel something
scratching in his mouth. he goes
to the mirror opens his mouth: and his tongue
is an enormous, live
centipede, rubbing its legs together and
scraping his palate. He'd like to spit
it out, but the centipede is part of him and
he will to tear it out with his own
hands..." -- Jean Paul Sartre

NEU: Bis zu 10 GB Speicher für e-mails & Dateien!
1 GB bereits bei GMX FreeMail http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail