[clc-devel] Python 2.4

Juergen Daubert jue at jue.li
Sun Dec 5 13:10:12 UTC 2004

Hi all,

as you might have already noticed, Python 2.4 is out. It's nice
that things are going onwards, with the drawback that we have
a lot of work with such a change, because most of the dependent
ports will break.

I don't have a clear position how we should deal with such a
situation.
The python dependent ports, maintained by me, works well after
rebuilding, but some will probably not, e.g. bittorent-curses.

ok, what can we do ?

1. commit python 2.4 now, fixing all dependent ports
2. wait for CRUX 2.1
3. ...

I tend to go with 1. To prepare this, I've added a python 2.4
port to my private repo [1].

What do you think ?

thanks for your attention and kind regards
Jürgen

[1] http://jue.li/crux/ports/#python

Juergen Daubert  |  mailto:jue at jue.li
Korb, Germany    |  http://jue.li/crux