[clc-devel] Python 2.4

Jay Dolan jasonthomasdolan at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 5 14:43:13 UTC 2004

--- Simone Rota <sip at varlock.com> wrote:

> Hi Juergen,
>
> I like option 3 :)
> Seriously, I think committing now is a good idea,
> also
> because it's one less thing we have to care for 2.1
>
> Regards,
> Simone
>

> --
> Simone Rota           WEB : http://www.varlock.com
> Bergamo, Italy        MAIL: sip at varlock.com

I agree as well - it would be best to take care of it
as soon as possible. A README notifying people to:

prt-get update `prt-get dependent python`

Should be prepared and included with the new port.
Actually as the first line of build() in the Pkgfile
you could cat the README.  Users would have plenty of
time to skim through it as the 2.4 sources download.
Perhaps a "Heads up" mail to the main list would also
be wise.

Juergen, you don't maintain *all* the Python-dependent
ports..let's not forget Gay Media Player.

I suck,
<3 Jay

=====
Jay Dolan