[clc-devel] Python 2.4 / Commit messages

Johannes Winkelmann jw at tks6.net
Sun Dec 5 17:06:51 UTC 2004

Hi,

On Sun, Dec 05, 2004 at 06:43:13 -0800, Jay Dolan wrote:

> --- Simone Rota <sip at varlock.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi Juergen,
> >
> > I like option 3 :)
> > Seriously, I think committing now is a good idea,
> > also
> > because it's one less thing we have to care for 2.1
> >
> > Regards,
> > Simone
> >

> > --
> > Simone Rota           WEB : http://www.varlock.com
> > Bergamo, Italy        MAIL: sip at varlock.com
>
> I agree as well - it would be best to take care of it
> as soon as possible. A README notifying people to:
>
> prt-get update `prt-get dependent python`

Or prt-get lock python, as an alternative.

This leads me to another consideration: we could extend the commit
guideline proposal to denote binary incompatible changes as well, to
enable tracking of those. And - as discussed on IRC - we could trigger
e-mails with a CVS post commit hook, checking for the few keywords
(security, binary incompatible) and sending out a warning to a dedicated
CLC commit-info list. Any opinions on this? At least for me, it would be
helpful to have such additinal information available easily.

Kind regards, Johannes
Johannes Winkelmann              mailto:jw at tks6.net