[clc-devel] [security] clc/xpdf

Johannes Winkelmann jw at tks6.net
Wed Dec 22 09:03:46 UTC 2004

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 22, 2004 at 09:30:47 +0100, Juergen Daubert wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 22, 2004 at 08:58:58AM +0100, Johannes Winkelmann wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> [...]
> > If wanted, we can create a dedicated mailing list, so people interested
> > in security notifications don't have to read all the clc discussions,
> > and vice versa.
>
> I second the idea _not_ using clc-devel for that purpose. But
> why another mailinglist the people has to subscribe to, wouldn't
> be the crux ML the right place for those notifications ?
It depends a bit on our future strategy towards mailing lists; at least
for now, crux@ is probably the best place to send it to, since there's
no reason to hide them (or to be not interested in them).

The only counter argument (which is hopefully not going to be true for a
long time) is that there are no such notifications for base and opt due
to the separation of the CVS repositories. Having security message on
crux@ somewhat implies (at least for new users) that this covers
everything, which currently is not true. Because of that, I thought that
for the time being, we could send it to something like
'clc-security-notifications', and move it over to crux@ once we have a
common CVS repository.

Kind regards, Johannes
Johannes Winkelmann              mailto:jw at tks6.net