[clc-devel] CRUXCon 2004 results

Johannes Winkelmann jw at tks6.net
Wed Dec 22 09:14:05 UTC 2004

Hi there,

It's been a while since CRUXCon 2004, and most of us have been busier
than expected. Therefore, the summary is only now announced here. We've
prepared a Wiki page (some time ago actually, you might have read it
already) with the most important ideas and goals:

  http://clc.morpheus.net:6999/clc/wiki?p=CruxConResults

It contains some pretty exciting things, such as merging CVS and Webpage
of CRUX and CLC, (finally) dropping unmaintained and a master plan for
improving the overall situation with httpup reposities.
Another point worth mentioning (IMHO) is the "Define subprojects" thing:
we'd like to have subprojects for things like 'ports', 'doc', 'webpage'
or 'installer', where interested contributors can take part without
being engaged in any other subproject. So having a developers or
contributors who don't maintain ports would then be possible.

Please take the time to read it and ask, since the document is a really
short summary only. Personally, I think that if we manage to follow this
plan, 2005 will be a step forward for both CLC and CRUX. I hope you see
it the same way!

Finally - if you haven't seen them yet - have a look at the pictures
from CRUXCon 2004:
  http://jaeger.morpheus.net/images/travel/stockholm/
  http://www.varlock.com/blosxom.cgi/galleries/cruxcon/

Kind regards,