[clc-devel] CRUXCon 2004 results
ncrfgs at tin.it
Wed Dec 22 12:18:04 UTC 2004
On Wed, Dec 22, 2004 at 10:14:05AM +0100, Johannes Winkelmann wrote:
> Please take the time to read it and ask, since the document is a really
> short summary only. Personally, I think that if we manage to follow this
> plan, 2005 will be a step forward for both CLC and CRUX. I hope you see
> it the same way!
- "Look into distributed revision control to enable non
What do you mean with `distributed control version
- "accept non 686 subprojects if they are CRUX compatible"
Could you please define `CRUX compatible'?
- "define index file for additional ISOs which can be used
by the installer do provide an extended package..."
I'm not sure but maybe that is a typo.
- Has been the `license' issue discussed further?
- What about the `nvhelper.sh file' issue we discussed
some time ago?
Since this file does contain code that it is somehow
executed, shouldn't it be include in the Pkgfile source
array and be given an md5sum?
- Is the `Depends on' tag the definitive solution to the
Will the `Depends on' tag still include `Nice to have'
packages instead of only the real dependecies?
- Will the, let's say, new `entity' born from the fusion
of CRUX and the CLC, share the "keep it simple" and
"what can't be done in a simple and nice way shouldn't
be done at all" philosophy some of us love so much?
Aren't a lot of (or at least some of) the initiatives
resulted from the Crux Con following a different
- Now that the CruxCON2004 is far away I'd like to ask you
Wouldn't have been nice to invite CRUX PPC developers,
too? Actually, giulivo has been invited but (I quote Per
Liden) "only as a person, not as a developer".
- In the end... Has it been the CruxCON2004 or the
Thanks in advance.
Value your freedom, or you will lose it, teaches history.
``Don't bother us with politics,'' respond those who don't
want to learn.
-- Richard M. Stallman
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the crux-devel