[clc-devel] Subversion for ports development

Johannes Winkelmann jw at tks6.net
Thu Dec 30 23:07:17 UTC 2004

Hi there,

I was rather busy playing around with sparc lately, but now found some
time to look into Subversion for ports development. This mail isn't
meant to start a discussion just yet and look for advantages and
disadvantages of any system, but I'd like to ask those who know
subversion to have a quick look at my docs, go through the howto and
comment whether they like it or not (of course, everyone can have a look
at the howto and comment; it might just be a bit brief).

The "vision document" is here:
  http://jw.tks6.net/files/crux/xsvn/svn4ports

The howto document is here:
  http://jw.tks6.net/files/crux/xsvn/xsvn.howto

And the script which is mentioned there is here:
  http://jw.tks6.net/files/crux/xsvn/xsvn

The script definitely needs more work to become more reliable and
comfortable, especially in error situations.

Credits go to the the linux1394 project and their Subversion page at
http://www.linux1394.org/svn.php; the idea with the 'branch-points' is
taken from them.

Kind regards,
Johannes