[clc-devel] Re: [bug report] j2sdk: remove/change mozilla plugin link

Johannes Winkelmann jw at tks6.net
Fri Jan 30 08:45:15 UTC 2004

Hey,

Simone brought up an interesting point:

On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 05:58:45 +0100, clc-devel at berlios.de wrote:
> /usr/lib/firebird/plugins, since its the default browser?
Note: j2sdk still creates a symlink in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins.

> Another option is to separate the ports (see firebird-acroread-plugin).
Well, this could be an option :-) Certainly looks cool.

I know that Jürgen's j2re Port creates a symlink for firebird, so I'm
wondering whether we should drop this from j2sdk completely and use j2re
for plugin functionality.

Another problem is that I can't find public downloads for J2SE (j2sdk),
and I was wondering what to do about this... should we use blackdown's
JDK (which is based on Sun's JDK) exclusively, or provide an up to date
port without download possibility?

Regards, Johannes
Johannes Winkelmann              mailto:jw at tks6.net