[clc-devel] Re: [bug report] j2sdk: remove/change mozilla plugin link

Simone Rota sip at varlock.com
Sat Jan 31 18:16:33 UTC 2004

On 01/30/04 09:45 Johannes Winkelmann wrote:

> I know that Jürgen's j2re Port creates a symlink for firebird, so I'm
> wondering whether we should drop this from j2sdk completely and use j2re
> for plugin functionality.

I'll maintain both the firebird-jre-plugin and firebird-jsdk-plugin,
since it's a trivial task, as soon as we decide what to do regarding
the following point.

> Another problem is that I can't find public downloads for J2SE (j2sdk),
> and I was wondering what to do about this... should we use blackdown's
> JDK (which is based on Sun's JDK) exclusively, or provide an up to date
> port without download possibility?

Anyone has some direct experience and can compare the two versions
regarding firebird/mozilla compatibility, general speed and stability?
If blackdown performs well I could personally live with
a slightly outdated release; other opinions?

Regards,
Simone
--
Simone Rota           WEB : http://www.varlock.com