[clc-devel] clc ports and crux ppc

Daniel Mueller danm at gmx.li
Fri Jul 2 19:27:14 UTC 2004

Hi,

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 14:11:03 -0400
Robert McMeekin <rrm3 at rrm3.org> wrote:

> I think that sounds like a good idea.  Perhaps there should be some
> guidelines on who from CRUX PPC gets CVS access?

Interesting question.

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 11:41:10 +0200
Giulivo Navigante <giulivonavigante at tiscali.it> wrote:

> can we have a "per user" account solution as it is for x86
> maintainers?

As you should know we are guests (as before) on crux.fh-regensburg.de
which is kindly hosted by Martin Opel/FH-Regensburg. So we cannot create
one million user accounts.

Aside from this, I (personally) would like to know WHO actually plays
with the CVS. I mean I know you, because I heard you in IRC & mailing
lists and I saw some of your Pkgfiles etc. But who else is 'we' ?

Another topic:
As far as I know it is not possible to specify more than one 'tag' in
supfiles (/etc/ports/*.cvsup).

If you use something like this..
-------------snip--------------
# Official contrib ports
contrib tag=PPC-2_0
-------------snap--------------
.. you'll only get the PPC-2_0 tagged/branched ports. Are you willing to
tag each port with 'PPC-2_0' after it got an update ? :-)

What's about creating a new collection called .. hmm .. 'contrib-ppc' ?
---------------------------snip----------------------------
/usr/ports/base
/usr/ports/opt
/usr/ports/contrib      <-- normal x86 stuff
/usr/ports/contrib-ppc  <-- ppc specific stuff
[..]
---------------------------snap----------------------------

There is an useful tool around which supports multiple port directories.

prt-get.conf(5)
-----------------------------snip-------------------------------
[..]
The order of the prtdir options is important, as if a port is in
multiple directories, prt-get will use the one found first
(directories listed first have precedence) [..]

Other suggestions, comments ? .oO(Said with hope to have shaken
awake some more CLC members :-)

bye, danm

--
Daniel Mueller
Berlin, Germany		(OpenPGP:  1024D/126EC290)