[clc-devel] clc ports and crux ppc

ncrfgs ncrfgs at tin.it
Wed Jul 7 21:18:58 UTC 2004

On 07/02/04 2i1:27:14, Daniel Mueller wrote:
> > can we have a "per user" account solution as it is for x86
> > maintainers?
>
> As you should know we are guests (as before) on crux.fh-regensburg.de
> which is kindly hosted by Martin Opel/FH-Regensburg. So we cannot create
> one million user accounts.

The number of developers is growing fast but at the moment two user
accounts would be great.

> Aside from this, I (personally) would like to know WHO actually plays
> with the CVS. I mean I know you, because I heard you in IRC & mailing
> lists and I saw some of your Pkgfiles etc. But who else is 'we' ?

The two users account would be for giulivo and me. Maybe rrm3, jaeger and
you already know me.

> Another topic:
> As far as I know it is not possible to specify more than one 'tag' in
> supfiles (/etc/ports/*.cvsup).

Yes, it's not possible as far as I know, too.

> If you use something like this..
> -------------snip--------------
> # Official contrib ports
> contrib tag=PPC-2_0
> -------------snap--------------
> .. you'll only get the PPC-2_0 tagged/branched ports. Are you willing to
> tag each port with 'PPC-2_0' after it got an update ? :-)

It would be great to find a way to make the driver download the CONTRIB-2_0
tagged version of a file only when there isn't a PPC-2_0 tagged version.

Up to that moment, we'll have to tag/branch each port manually. Any
suggestion will be apprecciated.

Thanks in advance guys.

Best regards.
--