[clc-devel] contrib<-alternative_repos

Juergen Daubert Juergen.Daubert at t-online.de
Sat Jul 10 09:44:51 UTC 2004

On Sat, Jul 10, 2004 at 11:14:54AM +0200, Johannes Winkelmann wrote:

[...]
> I was wondering about a different solution I'd like to propose: it's
> called "httpup mirror service" and would be a central host getting all
> remote repositories and hosting them there; developers could send in
> changes to REPO url etc (maybe via web front end), but the final url
> would always stay the same, e.g.
> http://httpup-mirror.mydomain.com/<name> where <name> is e.g. 'rrm3' or
> 'jw' or 'clc-contrib'.

wow, yet another great idea from Johannes ;-) I like it much more
than the 'alternative_repos' port approach.

[...]
> Of course, we need a machine to host this kind of service, but hosting
> this shouldn't be a big thing IMHO.

All repos registered in our portdb are already stored at the CLC
server. Well, hosting this service there, will raise the traffic,
but we will see what Martin think about that.

> And I really think we could get rid of unmaintained once if we had a
> system like this ;-).

Yep, that would be great. But, OT, on the other side we should
think about the reasons, why no other people are interested in
joining the CLC team to become a maintainer.

kind regards
Jürgen

juergen.daubert at t-online.de