[clc-devel] clc ports and crux ppc

Johannes Winkelmann jw at tks6.net
Wed Jul 21 07:26:59 UTC 2004

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 19:56:14 -0400, Robert McMeekin wrote:
> * ncrfgs <ncrfgs at tin.it> [2004-07-07 23:18]:
> > On 07/02/04 2i1:27:14, Daniel Mueller wrote:
> [...]
> > > Aside from this, I (personally) would like to know WHO actually
> > > plays with the CVS. I mean I know you, because I heard you in IRC &
> > > mailing lists and I saw some of your Pkgfiles etc. But who else is
> > > 'we' ?
> >
> > The two users account would be for giulivo and me. Maybe rrm3, jaeger
> > and you already know me.
>
> Just to keep this thread alive until something happens, I confirm
> knowing them.  (-;
I know them as well, and judging from their past presence in the mailing
list and IRC, it seems to me that they have yet to integrate better.
There were some discussions about improvements they'd like to see, but I
have never seen them actually implementing one of them (to have a
technical instead of a political discussion) or accepting one of Per's
or CLC's decisions.
The more - as I already tried to point out in [1] - the tone of
communication is on a level which hardly helps to raise my interest in
their problems [not sure if this this can be said this way]. Sometimes
it almost seems to me that they are not interested in CLC (as a project)
itself, but just having our ports.

I'm obviously not speaking for the CLC project; personally, I'm more
than happy to have non-x86 ports at CLC (even though I don't believe in
a CVS based solution ;-)), but at the current point in time I don't
think giulivo or "ncrfgs" are good matches for our team.

Best regards,
Johannes