[clc-devel] Removing files from CVS

Johannes Winkelmann jw at tks6.net
Wed Jul 28 11:17:40 UTC 2004

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 11:23:07 +0200, Giulivo Navigante wrote:
> On 07/28/04 10:35:32, Johannes Winkelmann wrote:
> >Hey,
> >
> >Some of us (including me) have missed to remove tags from unused files
> >in CVS; a good number of such errors have been pointed out by "ncrfgs"
> >via the bug tracker (thanks).
[...]
> anyway, about the tags, why you prefere to move tags instead of simply re-
> tag the new releases of the files on the CVS?
I'm not quite sure what you mean by "retagging", but basically since we
want to make a tag which points to version X point to version Y, the two
only ways are to
a) remove the tag from version X and readd it on version Y:
 $ cvs tag -d CONTRIB-2_0
 $ cvs tag CONTRIB-2_0

or
b) move it:
 $ cvs tag -c -F CONTRIB-2_0

Since the later is only one command and expresses better what we want to
do (move the tag to the new version of the same file), I think no one
ever thought about doing otherwise.

Regards, Johannes
Johannes Winkelmann              mailto:jw at tks6.net