[clc-devel] CLC application

Jukka Heino vector at pp.nic.fi
Sat Jul 31 18:34:19 UTC 2004

Hello everyone,

After having given the thought some time (and persuaded by jue on IRC),
I've decided to apply for the position of a CLC maintainer. Some of you
may know me as vektori on #crux. I've been a happy CRUX user since
December 2003, although my first Linux experience dates back to 1997. On
the superficial side I'm twenty years old, live in central Finland and
will be spending the next year doing my civilian service mostly in the
form of building dynamic web sites.

I'm by no means a CVS expert, but I think I could handle the basics and
try to be a valuable asset for the CLC team and CRUX community. My first
tasks would be to pick up a few ports from unmaintained, polish them a
bit and then start maintaining them. In my httpup repository I have a
number of ports, some of which may prove to be useful enough to move to
contrib. The repository is available at:

http://www.mikropiiri.org/crux/ports/

Let me know what you think of all this,

// Jukka Heino