[clc-devel] Migration plan for CRUX 2.0

Simone Rota sip at varlock.com
Mon May 3 11:31:24 UTC 2004

Hi everybody,

many of you will surely know that Per has released a test
version for CRUX 2.0 available at:

http://www.fukt.bth.se/~per/crux/files/test/
( for Per: works fine here with a fresh install,
I was to scered by the release notes to try
an upgrade ).

Given that there's been some important change
( http://crux.fh-regensburg.de/cgi-bin/cvstrac/wiki?p=TwoZeroChanges )
and that many ports would need some adjustement,

I was wondering if we have a simple plan for migration
and testing before tagging the files for CRUX 2.0.

I extended the "build all" script I used to test
during the 1.2 >> 1.3 upgrade (now with real-time online
progress and info).

I plan a run as soon as the needed adjustements are done
in all ports; the question is, should be begin tagging
CONTRIB_2.0 just now or is it better to use a temporary
tag for our tests? Other ideas?

I think an upgrade path is important also for future releases,
anyway, one spoon at a time, let's concentrate on 2.0 for now.

Regards,
Simone

--
Simone Rota           WEB : http://www.varlock.com