[clc-devel] Migration plan for CRUX 2.0

Tilo Riemer riemer at ppprs1.phy.tu-dresden.de
Mon May 3 14:10:15 UTC 2004

Hello,

On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 03:55:14PM +0200, Per Liden wrote:
> What I mostly feel unhappy about is the setup script/procedure, e.g.
> making a working upgrade procedure is hard. There are simply too many
> things that can go wrong or are tricky to fix. I've been thinking about
> making a complete re-design of the whole setup script/procedure, but never
> really got time for it. I would appreciate any ideas anyone might have
> regarding this, not just about the upgrade part and how to make that
> "safe", but also about the normal "install from scratch" procedure.

I don't think that's is really needed to have a bullet proof upgrade script.
I self can live with the limitation that I have to install CRXU from scratch
if I update from version x.a to x+1.a.
The handbook says create separated partitions for system and data for later
updates...

> In any case, starting to update CLC for 2.0 (using 2.0-test1 as the
> platform) should be fairly safe since I don't plan on making any major
> incompatible changes before 2.0-final. At the moment it feels like
> 2.0-final is about two weeks away.

sounds great :-)

Best regards, Tilo