[clc-devel] Build results

Daniel W. dwalpole at iinet.net.au
Mon May 24 08:02:42 UTC 2004

Tilman Sauerbeck wrote:

>Victor <victord at jafa.homeip.net> [2004-05-23 19:28]:

>>>Slight footprint mismatches here, since you compiled the engines with
>>>GTK 2.2.0, but CRUX 2.0 ships with GTK 2.4.0.
>>>Replace 2.2.0 by 2.4.0 in the footprints and you should be set.
>>>If you want, I can fix that.
>>>

>>Oh, yeah 2.4... will alter...
>>As far as the other two, I will fix them then commit them. Didn't want
>>to commit crashy ports. We got standards to maintain here :)
>>

>Well, you could commit them but not tag them, so they won't be fetched
>by CVSup :)

Could have a one week 'testing' period directly after the next crux
version is released. So all the ports are automatically tagged with
CONTRIB-2_0 whilst the maintainers can test and fix their ports and have
public feedback at the same time. Having to manually tag each individual
port is a major pain in the arse for those with many ports (does not
include me).

Even just updating individual ports is a fair task with all the cvs
commands, which although arn't hard, it can become time consuming. I
think there needs to be an improved method of updating ports.