[clc-devel] Build results

Juergen Daubert Juergen.Daubert at t-online.de
Mon May 24 09:19:15 UTC 2004

On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 06:02:42PM +1000, Daniel W. wrote:

Hi Daniel,

[...]
> Could have a one week 'testing' period directly after the next crux
> version is released. So all the ports are automatically tagged with
> CONTRIB-2_0 whilst the maintainers can test and fix their ports and have
> public feedback at the same time.

The goal of CLC is to provide good and tested software. For this reason
only tested ports should be labelled with the CONTRIB tag.

> Having to manually tag each individual port is a major pain in the arse
> for those with many ports (does not include me).

The few required cvs tasks, are nothing compared to the time you must
spend to test the port. With test I mean not only compiling the port,
but, more important, to ensure that it is functional working.

regards
Jürgen

juergen.daubert at t-online.de