[clc-devel] Script to find redundant dependencies

Johannes Winkelmann jw at tks6.net
Thu Nov 18 20:54:15 UTC 2004

Hi,

I finally found a moment to finish my script to find redundant
dependencies, that is such which are listed by a direct dependency of a
package, like:

A lists B and C, B lists C

In this case, A doesn't have to list C, so the listing of 'C' is
redundant.

I've done some tests with ports from contrib and it seems to work fine
so far, but I'd still advise you to manually double check whether what
it says is true (e.g. by doing a 'prt-get depends' before and after
removing the packages listed as redundant).

You can find it at
  http://jw.tks6.net/files/crux/findredundantdeps

Kind regards, Johannes
P.S.: yeah, the name sucks