[clc-devel] The question of maintainer protocol

Matt Housh jaeger at morpheus.net
Fri Nov 19 15:03:01 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-19 at 01:50 -0700, Nick Steeves wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yes, this is exactly what I was looking for.  Thank you for replying.  One
> other case I've been wondering about:  What if updating own port a, which
> depends on someone else's port b, cannot build without an update to b?
> Currently, I fork a httpup version to publish along side updated port a,
> while contrib's a remains old.

To answer the first, I have generally emailed the maintainer in the
past. If a port is unmaintained, I don't feel bad about updating it
myself, but if it's got an active maintainer listed, I mail said
maintainer an update.

As for the second, I also fork an httpup version of it and then follow
the first bit. :)

Matt (jaeger at freenode/#crux)