[clc-devel] ports in contrib depending on ports in unmaintained

Simone Rota sip at varlock.com
Fri Oct 8 16:04:22 UTC 2004

On 10/08/04 09:05 Jukka Heino wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Jukka,

> So in my opinion maintained ports shouldn't depend on unmaintained or
> non-existant ports. The current situation is of course understandable,
> since most of the GNOME stuff isn't maintained anymore. But in general I
> propose we move towards a uniformly maintained contrib with no
> dependencies on other collections than base, opt and contrib itself.

Agree.
I'm trying to clean up a bit my ports
( see this ticket http://clc.morpheus.net:6999/clc/tktview?tn=12,4 )

Since we're on topic, a couple of comments:
- I'm tagging unmaintained most of rox-related addons. I've
   also updated them to latest version. I'm not using them anymore
   so new maintainers are welcome.
- I maintain pygtk, _without_ libglade. Feel free to take maintainership
   and add libglade support if needed.
- As Johannes wrote in this thread, unmaintained ports will be nuked
   one day or another, everybody is invited to keep an eye on which
   ports you'd like to save.

Regards,
Simone

--