[clc-devel] Fw: CLC maintainer ?

Johannes Winkelmann jw at tks6.net
Sat Oct 16 10:03:18 UTC 2004

Hi,

On Sat, Oct 16, 2004 at 11:43:38 +0200, Daniel Mueller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> some time ago I've asked Nick Steevens whether he would like to
> become a CLC maintainer and join our team. He has a bunch of nice ports
> located here:
> http://members.shaw.ca/nick.steeves/ports/index.html
I've had some contact with Nick in the past (mostly about 'htup', Nick's
httpup repository upload-sync tool) and think that would fit well in our
team.

> The main reason why I've wrote him was that he could be a big help
> with KDE packages/ports (maybe he could overtake it completely..).
> He sent me a lot of patches and suggestions so far and I adopted
> nearly all of them.
Sounds great. Both KDE and GNOME are so large that it's a good idea to
split the work (unless you have such workaholics like rrm3 and jaeger
:-) [Note: this is meant as a compliment]).

The few ports I checked look fine, I just saw some "Depends: kdelibs,
kdebase" from time to time, which could be reduced since kdebase depends
on libs... :-)

> Needless to say that I vote for his CLC membership :)
So do I.

Kind regards, Johannes
Johannes Winkelmann              mailto:jw at tks6.net