[clc-devel] clcbuild results

Johannes Winkelmann jw at tks6.net
Thu Sep 2 08:11:01 UTC 2004

Hi Simone,

On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 22:57:53 +0200, Simone Rota wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I had a couple of uber-outdated machines, so I re-run
> the infamous clcbuild script to get some binary package.
>
> Results at the same old place[1], as usual some
> failed port are my fault, known issues, etc.
Welcome back and thanks for running the tests again. Did you use pkg-get
to install those packages? I was wondering whether we could create a
very small install ISO containing just the base packages plus stuff you
need to get your network up, and a way to directly fetch binary packages
using pkg-get. I'd assume that this would be interesting for both those
that want a minimal setup and those that want to setup a KDE/GNOME
desktop without compiling everything or download CRUX Evolution which
contains one DE too much for most people ;-). Just an idea though,
didn't put a lot of thought into it.
To think a bit ahead, it would be cool to select some packages on one
machine and have a script download those binary package and build a
customized install ISO from it, using the binary packages. Imagine: "Oh,
I want base, X11, firefox, KDE and OpenOffice. Go!", and the next thing
you remember is the CD tray opening and a shiny custom installation CD
smiling at you.

Oh well, I don't really think there's a real need for this, I was just
carried away by the possibilites ;-)

Regards, Johannes
Johannes Winkelmann              mailto:jw at tks6.net