[clc-devel] unmaintained; next try

Juergen Daubert jue at jue.li
Sun Sep 12 11:12:18 UTC 2004

Hi CLC maintainers,

On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 01:04:37PM +0200, Johannes Winkelmann wrote:

[...]

> I'd therefore propose to drop unmaintained and start a new collection
> called 'testing';

Yep, I think that's the way to go.

> Note that this would mean that we wouldn't have GNOME in our tree
> anymore, since rrm3 isn't around. IMO this would be the right
> consequence when a maintainer leaves, and we shouldn't try to keep the
> ports around but to find a new maintainer for them.

Yes, it is. But we shouldn't delete all unmaintained ports from cvs,
but simply remove the UNMAINTAINED tag, so it's easy for CLC maintainer
to adopt ports again.

At all, this will be a remarkable change in the CLC structure, so more
comments from other maintainers are desirable. And, please, look again
through the unmaintained collection, maybe one or another port will
find its way to contrib.

thanks in advance and kind regards
Jürgen

Juergen Daubert  |  mailto:jue at jue.li