[clc-devel] unmaintained; next try

Johannes Winkelmann jw at tks6.net
Sun Sep 12 12:22:35 UTC 2004

Hi,

On Sun, Sep 12, 2004 at 13:12:18 +0200, Juergen Daubert wrote:
> Hi CLC maintainers,
>
> On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 01:04:37PM +0200, Johannes Winkelmann wrote:
>
> [...]
[...]
> Yes, it is. But we shouldn't delete all unmaintained ports from cvs,
> but simply remove the UNMAINTAINED tag, so it's easy for CLC maintainer
> to adopt ports again.
Yeah, definitely. I think we should even write a short wiki page
describing how to get them so interested packagers can start quickly;
this would probable mean to just provide a clc-complete.cvsup file.

> At all, this will be a remarkable change in the CLC structure, so more
> comments from other maintainers are desirable.
agreed

> And, please, look again through the unmaintained collection, maybe one
> or another port will find its way to contrib.
While we should do this from time to time anyway, we should have an
extra close look at the ports from unmaintained once we decide to remove
the tag; collect a list of ports to be dropped in the wiki and have
people go through it, removing those they want to maintain.

Kind regards, Johannes
Johannes Winkelmann              mailto:jw at tks6.net