[clc-devel] Software licenses

Jukka Heino vector at pp.nic.fi
Tue Sep 21 11:49:57 UTC 2004

Hi,

Now that Simone Rota has committed his datastudio port into contrib, I
began to wonder if CLC has some sort of policy on what software licenses
should be allowed in contrib. At least one user was concerned that he
might accidentally install software which would require a commercial
license for the purpose he's using it for. I, for one, would find
something like a "License" field in Pkgfiles useful so that with a quick
glance one could see under which terms the software is released (GPL,
BSD...). What do others think?

Regards,

// Jukka