[clc-devel] Software licenses

Tilo Riemer riemer at ppprs1.phy.tu-dresden.de
Tue Sep 21 13:01:10 UTC 2004

Hello,

Zitat von Jukka Heino <vector at pp.nic.fi>:
> license for the purpose he's using it for. I, for one, would find
> something like a "License" field in Pkgfiles useful so that with a
> quick
> glance one could see under which terms the software is released
> (GPL,
> BSD...). What do others think?

Please, no useless limitation to "free" software. Not in contrib
(maybe/surely in base, opt).
I want to use the system, not pray in the church of "free" world.

I think, a "License" field in Pkgfile is a good idea. So everybody can
see if he has to respect some license restriction. And I don't expect
that someone will put hacked commercial software on a server and so on...

Best regards, Tilo

Tilo Riemer             mailto:riemer at lincvs.org
Dresden, Germany        http://www.lincvs.org
                        http://www.iapp.de/~riemer/projects