[clc-devel] Application for CLC Maintainer

Jay Dolan jasonthomasdolan at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 28 02:06:56 UTC 2004

Hi guys :)

Most of you know me from the general mailing list and
from IRC.  My name's Jay Dolan, and I'd like to become
a maintainer.

My ports have been online for several months, and are
now located at
http://jdolan.dyndns.org/jaydolan/ports.  Of the ones
found there, I think most of the non-gaming ports are
decent candidates for contrib.  The odd-balls and
gaming ports should probably remain in my own
repository.

As far as a well-defined list of ports currently in
unmaintained that I'd be willing to adopt - I'm not
terribly sure.  I'd like to take care of orphaned
audio / multimedia apps as well as some Java-centric
ones.  But if there's a certain group that requires
attention, I'll consider taking said ports on.  GNOME
does interest me, but Jaeger is already providing a
nice collection in his repository.

The other area I'd like to help in is with the web
portal.  I'm a decent technical writer, so populating
/ cleaning up the Wiki would be a lot of fun for me.

In all, I'm pretty committed to CRUX, and I think my
ideas generally coincide with the CLC.  Thanks for
your consideration,

=====
Jay Dolan
Software Engineer, Systems Analyst