[clc-devel] installing into /home (or not)

Jay Dolan jasonthomasdolan at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 19 17:55:32 UTC 2005

--- Matt Housh <jaeger at morpheus.net> wrote:
> I've got nothing against moving things, personally.
> I've seen a few
> systems use /var/www instead of /home/www/htdocs,
> etc... Doesn't bother
> me any.

I agree.  If these ports were officially changed, I
would not be upset.  /var does seem more fitting.  In
fact, since the subject has come up, how about
changing apache's datadir to /var/apache instead of
/{home,var}/www?  We have /etc/apache,
/var/log/apache, why /home/www?

I don't terribly care either way..just throwing it out
there.

=====
Jay Dolan
Software Engineer, Systems Analyst