[clc-devel] installing into /home (or not)

Simone Rota sip at varlock.com
Fri Jan 21 12:24:59 UTC 2005

On 01/21/05 11:53 Juergen Daubert wrote:
> After a second thought about this, I came to the conclusion, that
> such a change is a not a trivial one and should be considered major.
>
> Because:
> 1. a lot of ports are affected, in personal repos are some more we
>    have to add to Johannes' list, additional work for the maintainers
> 2. more important, work for the users. They must move all the htdocs,
>    web applications, change configurations etc.
>
> To be clear, I'm not against this in general, if we decide so, but
> I'm afraid the users will not be very happy at all.

Hi,

if Per's ok with it, we could wait for this change
in 2.1* and update the directory layout after the release
while updating the ports.

Does not really changes the impact on the users, but
I think it would be somehow easier to accept (and detect)
such a change as an 'upgrade' from a previous CRUX release.

Regards,
Simone

* Following the 'ok, let's put it in 2.1' trend ;)

--
Simone Rota           WEB : http://www.varlock.com
Bergamo, Italy        MAIL: sip at varlock.com