[clc-devel] contrib/opt merge: second thoughts

Daniel Mueller daniel at danm.de
Wed Jun 1 22:12:15 UTC 2005

On Thu, 26 May 2005 13:46:26 +0200
Johannes Winkelmann wrote:

> But somehow I don't like the idea of having 5 window managers, MTA's,
> web servers and the like in opt.

That is something I would not care about :-)

> - base:    ports required to run a crux system
> - opt:     ports required depending on the use of the machine
> - extra:   ports which replace ports from opt (function wise) or
> extend it
>
> - contrib: user contributed ports

Sounds fast & easy to implement. Only one point that is important for
me: I'd like to see CRUX(CLC?) and user contributed ports separated from
each other. I don't trust every CRUX user and I'm a bit afraid about
malicious ports. You know, especially as prt-get(8) user you are at
risk... let's face it, how often do you look into a Pkgfile *before* you
run 'prt-get install xzy'?

bye, danm

--
Daniel Mueller          http://www.danm.de
Berlin, Germany         OpenPGP: 1024D/E4F4383A