[clc-devel] the new contrib

Johannes Winkelmann jw at tks6.net
Sat Mar 12 16:03:34 UTC 2005

Hi,

I've added a few additional features to Jay's script to merge the httpup
repos for our new 'contrib' collection. It's available at
  http://jw.tks6.net/files/crux/prtsync-jw/

I did some testing today, and am pretty happy with it. The next logical
step would be to do an testing with some interested repo maintainers,
but there's one question I think we should discuss first: on IRC we've
come to the conclusion that it might be a good idea to explicitely
select ports in your httpup repository which should be considered for
'contrib'. We realized this using a tag file, called '.sync'. So in
order to publish $port, you just do a 'touch $port/.sync &&
httpup-repgen'. This means that if you subscribe to an httpup repository
directly, you'll get .sync files during a ports -u. I think I can live
with that for now, and am confident that if that's a problem, we'll find
a solution. Still I'd like to hear opinions on that.

If there are no objections, let's start testing ASAP. Should we spam
clc-devel with notifications, or use a dedicated list?

Kind regards, Johannes
Johannes Winkelmann              mailto:jw at tks6.net